Abused, abandoned, and neglected children are taken from their homes and placed into foster care every day, more than 600 children in Ocean County, NJ alone. There are not enough trained volunteers to help make sure that the educational, emotional, and medical needs of these children are identified and met. You can make a difference… one child at a time.
CASA volunteers are ordinary men and women of all ages, from all walks of life, and of various ethnic, vocational, and educational backgrounds. As a volunteer, you will form a special one-on-one relationship with your assigned child. CASA volunteers interact with the child, family members, social workers, healthcare providers, teachers and other relevant individuals to become a knowledgeable advocate for the child’s needs. CASA will provide all of the training you will require to become a powerful voice for the child’s best interest.
Qualifications of a CASA
- Minimum age of 21
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to the Court, to the CASA supervisor and to other appropriate individuals
- Ability to pass both background and State Central Record Bureau checks
- Have three favorable references from sources other than relatives
Our New Fall 2020 CASA Volunteer Training
- Session 1: Thursday October 22, 6pm-9pm
- Session 2: Thursday October 29, 6pm-9pm
- Session 3: Thursday November 5, 6pm-9pm
- Session 4: Thursday November 12, 6pm-9pm
- Session 5: Thursday November 19, 6pm-9pm
- Session 6: 1-1 Zoom Session scheduled between trainee and staff between November 19-30